Welcome to Bristol’s Sporting Hall of Fame
Bristol’s year as European City of Sport is a celebration of the part sport and physical activity plays across Bristol’s many and diverse communities.
To mark this special year and to celebrate Bristol’s many inspirational sporting heroes we want your help to build a Hall of Fame, where we can share their stories and encourage others to follow in their footsteps.
Heroes come in many forms and this is your chance to celebrate the amazing people who have achieved great things whether in the local community, the international arena or simply against the odds. Nominations can be made to the following categories:
This category celebrates those who have made an outstanding contribution to community sports giving their time to enable others to get involved in sports and physical activity.
This category celebrates those who have worked to achieve excellence in the national and international arena inspiring others and raising the profile of our city.
This category celebrates those who have battled against difficult circumstances to achieve beyond expectations and have inspirational stories to tell.
This category celebrates those who are well known for their long-term contribution to sport in Bristol whether as a competitor or in another role.
How to nominate
- Nominees for induction to the Hall of Fame must be Bristol* born and bred or living and training in their sport/ activity with an organisation in Bristol*.
- Please read the description under each category, select a category making sure your nominee matches the criteria.
- Fill in the Nomination form.
- You will be notified within 1 month as to whether your nomination has been successful.
- Successful nominees will receive a letter inviting them to join the Hall of Fame. We will provide a special graphic to share on social media.
- Successful nominees will need to supply a high res JPEG image of themselves.
*Within the Bristol City Council Area
Any questions about the Hall of Fame please email: firstname.lastname@example.org